Wild Grapes on the Ranch

Wild Grapes on the Ranch
Wild Grapes on the Ranch

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Full circle organic gardening

Welcome to my blog. My mother has been telling for years to write a book about the funny farm we live on. So this is me following her advice, in blog form! My husband and I and our two Kids live on a 60 acre ranch in Northern California. No where near the "California" that made the zip code 90210 famous in the 90's. On the contrary, we live in the sticks! We are just far enough our here that we have to drive to town and plan out groceries in advance to avoid disasters like no onions on Fajita night!

This area was historically covered in wild grape vines. For which parts still are. This is where the full circle idea started. Our ideal for our little niche is to create an atmosphere that is definitely country and ALL GREEN! We currently house chickens for eggs and meat, goats weed mowers and Lots of plants! We are surrounded by cattle fields which make for very interesting stories from time to time! We would like to bring all full circle and create an area where biodiversity reins supreme!

So, my plan for this blog is to journal the best and the worst times, the silly and the CRAZY and all the ups and downs of trying to breathe new life into an old cattle ranch. I hope to include recipes from the past and present and any helpful hints about gardening that I can! Please contact me for any garden help, if i don't know the answer I will find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment