Wild Grapes on the Ranch

Wild Grapes on the Ranch
Wild Grapes on the Ranch

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Putting my farm fresh eggs to use!

My Easy Quiche

I made one of my favorite recipes last night for a dear friend's visit. Years ago she and I spent many a night in the Kitchen cooking up a quiche on a whim and have thus, established a strange tradition between up. I have been making this version of my own design for many years and find it easy and satisfying. I have tried a million flavor combinations and all have been pretty tasty so be creative and find out what is your favorite. Here are the basics:


Erin's Easy Quiche

1-cup Veggies-Steamed broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, are my favorites. or mix it up! Just make sure its cooked because it only warms in the quiche.
1 cup diced meat-Ham, bacon, sausage work well. Again make sure it cooked.
1 pie crust (your preferred recipe, box or mix. I use Krustez pie crust in the box you just add water to and roll out).
1 Dozen Eggs
1/2-3/4 cup milk
1/2 block cream cheese-Softened
1/2 cube softened butter
2 cup cheese mix. I use swiss, chedder, mozzerella, jack, whatever is on hand or sound best with my veggie of choice.
1/2 cup three cheese blend. I get the green lid version with Parmesan, Asiago, and Rumiano cheese.
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Cook/steam your meat and veggie of choice meanwhile, prepare pie crust and place in pie plate. Mix eggs, milk, three cheese blend, softened cream cheese and butter together until mixed. Add cooked veggies, meat and salt and pepper to taste (although it not recommended to actually taste the raw egg concoction!) and stir until mixed. Pour into Crust and cover crust with a bit of tin foil to avoid the edges burning while it cooks. Place quiche on center rack of the over and set time for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes check it's progress. Cook time will vary between ovens and quiches so set for every 10 minutes after that so you make sure it doesn't over cook. I test it by taping the top with a utensil, when it feels firm and doesn't jiggle, it's ready. Remove from over and let cool 5 minutes before serving. Quiche will be very puffy when removed from the oven but will often settle as it cools. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks amazing. I am going to have to try this out soon. Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete